Return to HOME PAGE
The Railroad That Founded Richardson
In 1873, the Houston & Texas Central Railway founded Richardson, Texas by building a depot some 2 1/2 miles north of an existing settlement called Breckenridge. When it came time to give a name to the new town that a railroad surveyor had laid out around the depot, it was called "Richardson," in honor of H.&T.C. Secretary A. S. (Alfred Stephen) Richardson.
We present here an article, published in Bulletin No. 8 of the Railway Historical and Locomotive Society, in 1924, which gives some of the "Early Engineering" history of the H.&T.C.
This website copyright © 2022-2023 (except where noted) by the Richardson Historical & Genealogical Society. All rights reserved.